Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
I was browsing through MacFixit when I saw a banner ad for Mac software and hardware certification. Being the curious fellow I am, I clicked to see what the details were.
The company is called Press3 (http://www.press3.com/), and they claim to be able to give you all three (OS 9, OS X and hardware - they call it MacCSE) certs for $100.

What do you guys think? Scam? $100 for a worthless piece of paper?

I know I've pestered AlphaTech before, but any input you all have is greatly appreciated. Be sure to recommend any other affordable/reputable certification services you know of.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
That doesn't look half bad... personally, I'm scared sh*tless when it comes to spending my money on something like that. How do I know how good I am compared to what their questions ask, you know? I consider myself a fairly knowledgable Mac user (I know enough to troubleshoot both my office and school's Macs) but how do I know if that's enough? :confused: Argh.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
The deal definitely looks good...but you know the saying about something looking too good...

I'm pretty sure I could pass pretty easily, but without seeing the questions first to get an idea of the complexity I may be fooling myself...on the other hand, for $100 for 3 tests, and $13 per re-take...

Grrrrrr!!! Alpha...jef...anybody...???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.