CES 2015: Withings Reveals 'Activité Pop' Watch with Activity and Sleep Tracking Capabilities

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 4, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Withings today revealed its new Activité Pop wearable at CES 2015, which is an analog watch that contains advanced activity and sleep tracking capabilities. The Activité Pop is a follow up to Withings' Activité watch which was revealed last year, and comes with a lightweight design that features a swappable silicone strap, a body that is water-resistance for up to 30 meters, and a battery that lasts up to 8 months.

[​IMG]
    The watch contains two hand dials, with one hand dial showing the current time and a secondary hand dial tracking activity and progress as determined by Withings' Health Mate companion app. For example, if a user sets 10,000 steps as a goal in the app, the secondary hand dial moves as steps are made, and the watch vibrates when a goal is achieved. During the day, the watch can automatically track swimming and running and tracks sleep quality at night with all info available through Health Mate.

The Activité Pop will be available to purchase online in the United States from BestBuy.com on January 5th for $149.95, and will be available at Best Buy stores in March 2015. The watch will come in three color choices including "Azure", "Shark Grey", and "Sand."

Article Link: CES 2015: Withings Reveals 'Activité Pop' Watch with Activity and Sleep Tracking Capabilities

2. jeremypodom macrumors newbie

Very interested. As a swimmer I've not found any good options for lap counting. If this watch turns out to be relatively bug free then I'll probably get one.

3. coolfactor macrumors 601

This watch caught my eye. Simple and straightforward. I like the goal-oriented nature of it.

Editor: "silicone strap" - with an "e"?

----------

I'm also curious - will it contribute to Health data on the iPhone?

4. Iconoclysm macrumors 68020

Iconoclysm

I'm surprised so many missed their original watch about 6 months ago. This is just a "sports" version of that.

5. Mildredop macrumors 68020

This is the sort of smart watch I'd be interested in. An attractive piece of jewellery with discreet smart features.

Personally, I don't want a watch with an OLED screen that needs charging every night that shows me every single notification, the weather, stocks and shares, emails etc etc.

6. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

I love the original and quite like this one as well.. The original in black really stands out as being very stylish and much fitting the suit in the office, and the silicone strap that comes in the box, is great for when you are going for a run.

[​IMG]

7. 2457282 Suspended

If I wore a watch, this is something I would like. Not a fan of the too gimmicky look of Samsung and even Apple.

8. amirite macrumors 6502a

I might buy one of these for use until the Apple Watch is released. What's the difference between the two versions apart from aesthetics?

9. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

From what I can read on press releases, it's "only" a matter of looks, materials and design. Functionality wise they both measure steps, run, swim and sleep and last for around 8 months on a charge (thank god!)...

Do think the original one in black is a very tempting option (if not for the price at the moment)...

10. amirite macrumors 6502a

I agree, the original black is the best looking. Do you know the size? I can't find it on the withings site.

11. Reason077 macrumors 68020

Reason077

This seems pretty amazing actually for a watch with Smart features and Bluetooth connectivity. I kind of wonder how they pull it off.

My girlfriend has the FitBit Charge, which is very cool, except that it's annoying to have to "charge" it (haha) every few days.

12. Reason077, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015

Reason077 macrumors 68020

Reason077

Silicon is a nonmetallic element (number 14 on the periodic table) found in the earth’s crust. It is a major component in semiconductors, and its high conductivity makes it useful in solar power cells.

Silicone is is a class of synthetic polymers containing silicon together with carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. It is used in paints, adhesives, lubricants, and breast implants, among other applications.

13. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

I can only find the size for the original one, which is a tiny bit smaller than I would like with 36 mm, but guess it's okay. The new one probably shares the same size.

14. musicpenguy macrumors 68000

Right now I'm using the Pebble for swimming with - the Swimming.com app is fairly good at lap counting with intervals, also use the Notes app to keep my locker combo handy in case I go stupid and forget it for any reason.

I like seeing my current yardage on the Pebble - curious how a non-digital watch face would suit me in the water as you won't get your data until after you sync.

15. halfapie, Jan 5, 2015

halfapie macrumors member

16. swarley, Jan 5, 2015

swarley macrumors newbie

Anyone know when these will be on Best Buy's site? I haven't been able to find any specific information, just January 5th. Or did I already miss it?

17. octothorpe8 macrumors 6502

I would probably buy this! I most definitely don't need a bulky, overengineered and dorky-looking $500 wrist computer when I already carry an iPhone -- but an attractive watch with simple gauge of my steps kept in sync with my data makes this an appealing option.

18. amirite macrumors 6502a

Have you managed to find it? I can't see it anywhere.

19. arkoh macrumors member

Ohhh... didn't miss anything! This is, besides the casual sporty look that I prefer, just a DAMN cheap version!! Down from 450 USD to 149 USD... that right there opens up a floodgate of new potential customers! Me for one! ;-)

20. swarley macrumors newbie

Would have been nice if Best Buy gave any notice as to when it would go on sale. Nothing not even on Twitter... I missed it as it was launched in the middle of the night on the east coast and was sold out by the time I checked this morning. Hope you were able to snag one and don't have to wait until March

21. amirite macrumors 6502a

Just picked it up from BB. It was a bit of a pain to set up though. And damn it's tiny! It's thinner than any other watch I have.

22. amirite macrumors 6502a

Here it is against a cheap Swatch watch.

Attached Files:

23. swarley macrumors newbie

Did you choose the ship to store option or was it available locally?

24. amirite macrumors 6502a

Ship to store.