CES 2016: LifeProof Announces 'FRĒ Power' Waterproof Battery Case for iPhone 6s Plus

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 5, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

LifeProof today announced the expansion of its FRE Power case line to the iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6s Plus, marking the debut of the company's first waterproof battery case for Apple's larger-screened iPhones.

The IP-68 rated FRE Power is a fully waterproof iPhone case that's submersible to 2 meters for up to an hour. In addition to being waterproof, it's able to keep the iPhone safe from dirt, snow, dust, and damage from accidental drops. It's able to survive a drop from as high as 2 meters, or 6.6 feet, and the screen protector will keep the display free from scratches.

[​IMG]

Inside the FRE Power, there's a 3,200 mAh battery that should give the iPhone 6s Plus approximately one full charge. It includes auto-stop charge and rapid recharge technology to maximize extra battery life. Available in "Blacktop Black" and "Base Jump Blue," the FRE Power's design keeps the iPhone protected but leaves the cameras, buttons, and Touch ID fingerprint scanner available for use.
    According to LifeProof, the FRE Power for iPhone 6s Plus will soon be available for purchase from the LifeProof website. It will retail for $149.99.

Article Link: CES 2016: LifeProof Announces 'FRE Power' Waterproof Battery Case for iPhone 6s Plus

2. MaulRx Suspended

3. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Perfect timing, LifeProof, you had over a year to get this released, since you had nearly the same form factor with the 6 and 6 Plus. This will be good for another 6-7 months until the next design.

4. acorntoy macrumors 65816

Nah, this'll be good for another two years at least, one for when the 6+ is the $0 subsidy phone and another year for when the 6s+ is the cheapo device.

5. MarkEller macrumors newbie

MarkEller

Can you please tell me why would you need waterproof phone unless you live on the beach and you are constantly drunk

6. Swampthing macrumors 6502a

Swampthing

There is this thing called rain...

7. uwdude macrumors 6502a

I agree, way too late for this. I'll be moving on to the 7 plus form factor in less than 9 months, so why would I now spend $150 on a case.

8. mw360 macrumors 65816

mw360

What?! Have you tried thinking?

9. bushido Suspended

bushido

water park selfies duh

10. Glassed Silver macrumors 68020

Glassed Silver

That and vacations/going to a beach and not wanting your iPhone to get stolen/maybe you want to take pictures literally anywhere you may go to...

There's a bunch of reasons. :)

Glassed Silver:mac

11. Ballis macrumors 6502a

Really? Ive had a cellphone for more than 20 years. None of them have been waterproof, nor have any of them had issues with rain. Its a non-issue.

12. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

A waterproof case is nice if you work around pools. Its not uncommon to need underwater photos or to lean over to complete work and the phone falls out and into the pool. You could leave the phone in the truck all the time but that's not as easy as putting it in a case and keeping it with you.

13. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

There are people who like to take their phones out while doing extreme sports, as well as those who like to go camping, whitewater rafting, etc.

My question is will we see a new belt clip or are we stuck with the quick mount still for this?

14. starsong macrumors newbie

starsong

we have different waterproof phone case, made from PVC material and with a ABS clip, also very useful . look it on our website www.gdsunfire.com

15. Swampthing macrumors 6502a

Swampthing

Oh. I didn't realize you don't own the current iPhone 6s.

Or that you apparently live in the Sahara desert...

16. 3rdiguy macrumors 65816

3rdiguy

I actually understand their timing better now. I have the 6+ and instead of the 7 *I'll buy a 6s+. It seems that the best cases come out during the "s" version because there has been ample time to study and gain feedback about the current design. I have aligned my purchases with this schedule to then be able to have the best cases available when I do get my next iPhone. That's my logic after being a solid number guy since iPhone 4

17. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Cool, just too bad the next iPhone is about to come out so most are not looking to spend $ on this so late in the game.

18. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

Some would if they don't replace their phone every two years. Also what about those who are on the "S-cycle" they've got another year till they'll be able to upgrade.

But at the same time I'm dubious of this case actually coming any time soon they keep on pushing it off.

19. starsong macrumors newbie

starsong

We have cases fits for iPhone 6s, Calicase is our customer, you can search it on Amazon