ChaChing, iBank, MoneyWell, MoneyDance or Financial Life? OR?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HappyDude20, Jan 9, 2009.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Which is the best app for my Macbook to organize my finances?

Currently i'm on full free version trials of iBank, MoneyWell, MoneyDance, Financial Life and ChaChing.

Essentially, as a 20 year old college student this will be my first time ever organizing my finances and therefore would enjoy ease of use.

Firstly, I've downloaded QIF and OFX files from my WaMu online banking and from CitiCards as well. Problem so far is (most likely since I'm new to this) is that when I import them, the numbers don't add up or are wrong.

For example, with my Citi Credit card i currently owe only $10 but after importing within an app such as iBank display I either owe or have $650.

Curious as to if anyone can help me out here or can even point the direction to some easy to understand guidance using these financing apps. (Again, I'm new)

Personally I like iBank the best. Looks good and has good features. Though haven't figured out how to use them yet. Cha Ching is good as well, as both can help set budgets. I hear Financial Life is gonna take the cake when it goes out of beta, but haven't even tried it yet. As for MoneyDance looks super basic, too simple, no features kinda and MoneyWell looks like it has a lot of features and budget sections and graphs but also looks like a program only an old man would own.

2. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I have just started using Debtinator versiontracker and it is rather simple to get into while still allowing advanced features. And at $15 it is far cheaper than any other apps I looked at.