Chance of getting an iPad2 next week in N.Y?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by oRBIT2002, Mar 17, 2011.

1. oRBIT2002 macrumors member

I'm going on a vaction in New York next week and of course I'm interested in the iPad2. What are my chances of getting one you think? Is it really sold out everywhere? I've read some "terrifiying" posts here that people are still standing in line several hours which isn't very tempting...
    You got any hints for me?
    Thanks alot in advance.

2. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

Yeah, I'm in the US next week. in the end I caved and bought one from eBay - it's sitting behind my hotel's reception desk waiting for my checkin.

Only paid about $150 premium for it - still cheaper than it will be in the UK, and no queuing. From what others have said, a lot of the NYC iPads are getting snapped up by resellers with a strong queuing ethic...

3. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

You have a higher chance of Steve Jobs personally delivering the iPad to your house than getting one at a store in NYC.

4. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

I got 2 and I live in NYC

5. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

6. zinka macrumors regular

Not gonna happen, unless you get on line at 5am AND you get lucky and there's stock that day.

If you really want one, buy it on craigslist at a markup. Or order online and have it delivered in 4-5 weeks.

7. ZaNGieD macrumors newbie

Hi.

Im gong in two weeks too.
    Is there any shop where I could get one?

Thx in advance.

8. zinka macrumors regular

See above. They are likely to still be completely sold out, unless you get very lucky.