Chance of iPhone 5 with dead pixels getting replaced?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iParis, Dec 11, 2012.

1. iParis, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012

iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

My iPhone was making a clicking sound on the screen and I told them I'd be fine without a replacement if they could reseat the screen and get it to stop. He said it started to make it less and that it they couldn't replace it since it's not every time I touched the screen; wasn't that big of a deal to me since I did notice it significantly less afterward. Started making it more and this time even on the other side of the screen. Well I didn't want to go in just to be turned away. Now today I just noticed three little spread out dead pixels that I know I can make out. Finally, a problem that I can replicate and display to them! Already made the appointment for a few hours from now and everything! Now I don't go looking for problems just to have my phone replaced for the lulz, I would just prefer to get the screen clicking fixed so it doesn't get worse and now I definitely don't want broken pixels on my screen. Anyway, to the point of this. Has anyone here not gotten a replacement iPhone from the genius bar after display dead pixels to them?

Thank you! ="^_^"=

2. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

Yes, dead pixels are grounds for replacements. Make appt and go get it done.

3. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

Helll yeahh! :D Thank you!

4. ProudLoz macrumors regular

Yeah, I've replaced an iPhone and even an iPad with dead pixels. Just make sure that they can see them because they're really hard to see sometimes. You can obviously see them since you put up with them for a while, but the genius will not be able to spot it right away.

For my iPhone, the Genius couldn't see it right away, and he took it to the back and the other Geniuses in there saw even more dead pixels apparently, so he just replaced it.

For the iPad, the Genius saw it right away and replaced it immediately. So, you should be all good to go.

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

They should replace it but others here have been turned away trying to get their phones replaced for dead pixels.

6. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

I agree with this. As long as it was a hardware problem and not user error, it'll be replaced.

7. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

Yeah, the black little dots are easy to see against the background of the Messages app, otherwise I might have never see them. Though as I'm typing this I keep seeing one and it's annoying the hell out of me.