Chance of my Mother-In-Law's upgrade date being moved up?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by icanhazipad?, Feb 9, 2011.

1. icanhazipad? macrumors member

Please don't bash or flame me, I want to ask your opinion's before we go to the VZW store, as you all are very knowledgable.

My Mother-In-Law's upgrade date is April 4th, 2011. She wants the iPhone 4 with unlimited data (she has an EnV Touch now) and is afraid she'll miss out on the unlimited data, since it's "a limited time only" ordeal.

The question I am asking is, since no one knows how long Unlimited Data will last, Do you think VZW will move her upgrade date up? Also, if you think they won't move it up, do you think if she adds unlimited data to her EnV, they'll transfer the unlimited data to the iPhone 4?

Thanks MR, you guys are awesome.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Doesnt hurt to try.
    Hope she gets someone helpfull.

3. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I'm not a Verizon user, I'm an iPhone user with AT&T. No I'm not trying to bash you, but I'm apt to think that a phone call to Verizon would give you a more realistic and proper answer than replies on an iPhone forum.

However, I believe you are correct in saying that not all deals last. So contacting Verizon as soon as you can, about her upgrade date, would be the only avenue that can lead you to the truth about her specific account.

4. Eric374, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011

Eric374 macrumors 6502

Eric374

My upgrade date was 10/11 and I ordered the iPhone 4 with no issues last Thursday.

5. icanhazipad? thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the quick replies all. I just thought maybe you all had some insight, but clearly the best option is to call in.

6. tophat1 macrumors member

How did you swing that?

7. snakelda macrumors 6502

Damn,what'd you do to make them let you upgrade early?

8. war eagle macrumors 6502a

AT&T is pretty lenient with upgrades depending on who you talk to.

9. Eric374 macrumors 6502

Eric374

Nothing at all, I was totally surprised. I have a 3rd line that's due for an upgrade as of last September, and was going to use it. When I went into the Verizon site to order my phone the "Upgrade Available" button was showing for my main line, so I clicked on it. It let me go all the way through and I got my phone the 7th. The beauty about this is that I still have my upgrade available on the 3rd line if/when the newest version of the iPhone comes out this summer.

10. Eric374 macrumors 6502

Eric374

I'm on Verizon though, been with them since 2007, RIGHT BEFORE the iPhone came out on AT&T!!! I stuck with them since I have a 20% business employee discount, which of course didn't apply to the iPhone. Couldn't get that with AT&T, and Verizon's been really good to me, never had a dropped call and never had any issues with their customer service. I've only found one place that my phone didn't have any signal, and that was outside Ponca City, Ok. It even worked great out in the desert on my trip to Vegas via the Grand Canyon a couple of years ago, when my buddy's AT&T phone had no signal at all.
    "Yes, you can hear me now!"

11. war eagle macrumors 6502a

Ahhhh... I read you got it on Thursday so I assumed it was an AT&T iPhone. My bad.

12. Eric374 macrumors 6502

Eric374

"Got" should be "ordered", my bad. I looked at is as "got" because that's when I ordered it.

13. tophat1 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Shoot, my upgrade isn't available until November and I had to pay retail. Been with verizon 10 years

14. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

Yep same here October is my date (so probably can get an upgrade late summer) and nope not a chance no matter who or what I tried. VZW doesn't budge much if at all.

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah, VZW is not desperate like AT&T was. Go back to the summer of 2010, when AT&T was bumping up everyone's date so they qualified for a iPhone 4. They knew the end of their exclusive was coming, so why not lock as many people up in a 2 year contract.

Fast forward to 2011, and VZW just moved half a million iPhones in one day, and that's just for existing customers. They're projecting 2 million phones sold today. There is no motivation for them to move the upgrade date.

16. uconn9 macrumors newbie

My wife is due for an upgrade on 2/27/11. I spoke to a rep on the phone and they said that they couldn't upgrade me early on the phone, but if a went to a store the "manager would be crazy not to upgrade me early to get the commission."

I'll try in the next few days once the dust settles.