Chances apple store will sell out of 64 GB?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tigress666, Sep 13, 2012.

1. tigress666 macrumors 68040

So, from what people say of last year, it sounds like most likely they won't let you reserve an iphone to pickup at the store.

So.... I don't think I'll beat the rush to pre order one before there is a backlog and even if I do I probably wouldn't be home on that day to get the package and probably won't be lucky enough to have the day off so I can stand overnight in line to get the phone.

But I want the 64 GB black... what are the chances that it would sell out that quickly anyways? How fast did the 64GB sell out last year? If I missed getting one that day think saturday or sunday a new shipment will be in that I could catch (just wondering how popular is the 64GB, am I safe in not worrying about that one selling out for weeks?). I just don't want to wait weeks to get the iphone.

2. JesalTV Guest

You could stroll in hours late and still expect to get a 64gb.

3. sparkhill macrumors regular

Nobody knows for certain, but I GUESS it will sell out on day 1, probably before noon. It will be available again as the stores continuously get resupplied. Apple loves the attention of a sell out and, even if more are available the next day, day 1 will be a sell out.

4. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Stores had the 4s all weekend but I don't know about this one

5. davefromca macrumors 6502

I would like to hear peoples opinions about all of the iphone models possibly selling out. I plan to stay up late and preorder tonight. Hopefully their servers do not crash. I'm thinking a black 32 gig.

6. Fruit Cake macrumors 6502a

Very low, 64gb cost more and people tend to go for the entry model. 16gb will sell out.

7. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

the naysayers i.e. those who've had their upgrade dates pushed back and not back to the 1 year cycle are going to say that this iPhone will crash n' burn. Obviously we will know tomorrow how demand is looking.

8. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

i have a great feeling bout this time around... look at what they said in the keynote about the other countrys having their stock almost strait after the UK/US etc... i honestly dont think stock will be a problem!

9. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

10. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

dont be fooled

11. Fruit Cake macrumors 6502a

I'm not