Chances of a new MBP by 9/15 given new student deal

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by andybill, Jun 3, 2008.

1. andybill macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone has any prior knowledge about apple releasing a new product line during a back to school sale? I am trying to get a feel for the "unloading their inventory before a new product is released" vs. "Product release will not be changed due to back to school sale" debate. Thanks.

2. m1stake macrumors 68000

3. MPHL macrumors regular

MPHL

Have you even looked at any of the other threads. I'm sorry but a simple scroll down would have showed you the 10 other threads about when the new MBP is coming out. Search next time!

4. nohaver macrumors member

Why do you have to be a jerk?? All those threads get wayy off topic after sometime of use anyway. Just answer his/her question instead of trying to be KING.

5. andybill thread starter macrumors newbie

If you had read my original post with a little more effort, you would have seen that I was inquiring how the latest back to school offer would relate to the release date, not the release date itself.;)

6. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

They are unrelated dates. Sure Apple likes to clear some inventory but they also want their newest MB/MBP out in the wild ASAP to begin the sales cycle.

7. wgilles macrumors 6502

wgilles

Don't do they do this type of thing every year? I think it's more to clear iPod inventories, not MB, MBP, etc inventories. Every fall a new iPod model comes out. I wouldn't get so caught up in thinking this is a sign of a new MBP release.

8. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Well... you know how Apple is. When have they ever conformed with normal retailing practices? Just because they start a sale one week doesn't mean that the next week they can't just suddenly whip all the current gadgetry out of the store and replace it with new shinyness...

Then again... New MacBook Pro when the new chip has been delayed a month and there have been absolutely no aesthetical changes to the case design since its introduction with the final-generation PowerBooks?

I hate to say this (mainly because I really really really want a new MacBook Pro of my own) but I'm beginning to wonder if maybe there won't be an update after all :(

9. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

i know the exact date when the new MBP will be available in the stores.:D:D:D
    for $ 10 i will give you the info.

10. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Aww but I don't have any dollars... just pounds... but I can give you a £5 note... thats like $9.96 at the moment...