Chances of Getting 7 Plus at a Carrier at Launch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BoricuaHec01, Sep 15, 2016.

1. BoricuaHec01 macrumors 6502

I called a few Verizon stores and was told if I'm one of the first in line, there shouldn't be a problem picking up any color or storage but of course the Jet Black may be more slim to none but I really only want is matte. Anyone still going to wait at a carrier store for walk-in purchase? Verizon of course won't tell me the quantity but I should be fine. What do you guys think? Any chance on the Plus at your carrier for launch?

2. Z3roFlaw macrumors member

Z3roFlaw

I'm curious too. I was thinking about going to my local ATT and seeing if I can get one. Otherwise I'll just wait for my order to come in.

3. Vell843 macrumors regular

Vell843

I was by my local VZW and an employee said that they did not get any pluses in and "some" 7s. He said he did not know the color/GB size. I want a 7 32GB in matte black myself, so I will be sure I show up at 3 am tomorrow to get in line if there is a line.

4. bluedevils477 macrumors newbie

I live in NC and a girl I used to work with at a Sprint (corporate) Store sent me a photo of the stock they got. They only had iPhone 7 they were not going to have any 7+ on launch day. On top of that, they only had 11 phones (4 Rose Gold and 7 Matte Black). When I worked for Sprint, this particular store always had the most inventory in the area.

5. SR42 macrumors member

lets hope 7 plus shipments are still expected today

6. bluedevils477 macrumors newbie

Lets hope, but I dont tend to get my hopes up regarding this, I did when I ordered my 42mm Space Gray Apple Watch.

7. HaydenWI macrumors member

Several reports out today that 7 Plus models are 100% sold out, and will not be available at any Apple store worldwide. I'd be very surprised if any carrier stores had stock, unless someone with a pre-order backed out.

http://www.macworld.com/article/312...lack-iphone-7-wont-be-in-stores-tomorrow.html

http://mashable.com/2016/09/15/jet-black-iphone-7-iphone-7-plus-sold-out/#EOHmjTExRqqo

8. Trogdor796 macrumors regular

Trogdor796

From the article you linked:

"If you haven't pre-ordered on time, the only way to get a Jet Black iPhone 7 or the iPhone 7 Plus in any color is at Apple's partner locations (such as carriers' retail stores), where the devices may be available (probably at very limited quantities)."

It depends on your location. Everyone should call your local store and see if you can get any info.

9. BoricuaHec01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Damn, a couple Verizon stores just told me they won't be having any Plus. I'm still holding on to faith.

10. HaydenWI macrumors member

You are correct, and I agree that is the best course of action.

However my thought is that if Apple has literally ZERO available stock for themselves, worldwide, the chances that carriers will have stock (short of any cancelled pre-orders) is likely extremely slim. But, this is pure speculation on my part, so we will see. Good luck to those who try!

11. Trogdor796 macrumors regular

Trogdor796

The way I think it works is Apple is contracted to sell a certain number of phones to each carrier store, so even if Apple doesn't have any walk in stock they couldn't have pulled stock from carriers orders and carriers may still have them.

Also speculation on my part lol.

12. Vell843 macrumors regular

Vell843

I was told the same thing by my local VZW store, but I actually want a 7

13. lyutin macrumors regular

This is the all the stock received up to this point in one of the local verizon stores in NYC.

Attached Files:

14. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

My Apple Store manager says unless you have one reserved you will be upset if waiting in line. He says he will have no 7 units for walk in.

15. lyutin macrumors regular

p.s. all the pluses are for reserved customers only.

16. Trogdor796 macrumors regular

Trogdor796

You guys realize this thread is regarding carrier stores and not Apple Retial stores right?

17. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

18. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

19. lyutin macrumors regular

I did write that im talking about a local corporate verizon wireless store.

20. Trogdor796 macrumors regular

Trogdor796

Oh, I didn't realize you were the one that posted the pic above. Not all stores are like that though, it varies from store to store. Some will have plus models for walk in customers, you just better be in line at your carrier store if that's the case cause they'll be gone instantly.

21. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

So I called 3 local AT&T stores. 1. Authorized retailer - will get 2 Plus models 128 & 256, few 7's but doesn't know color on any of them. 2. Corporate - haven't received any Plus's, will have 7's of all colors except JB. 3. Corporate - haven't received any Plus's but said waiting on another delivery. She's said I can call back before closing to check again. They will also have 7's of all colors except JB.

22. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I would apply the same for the carrier stores. Unless you are in a large market you will have slim chances if you are not camping out now.