Chances of getting an iphone tomorrow in London?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wozza, Jul 29, 2010.

1. wozza macrumors newbie

I have just come back from travelling whilst the iphone hype has been in the UK, so am not sure of the current stock levels. Im off to buy my iphone tomorrow. Sim free from apple and using my simplicity contract I already have. Now I was wondering what are my chances of walking into an apple shop in London tomorrow and walking away with one, or should I be prepared to be let down? How did other people get on? Should I get there when the store opens for a greater chance ? I was after the 32gb verson.

Any expiriences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. ekk20 macrumors member

I'm looking for an answer too, I have a friend in London right now and she can get an unlocked one for me. No dice yet on Apple's website for the second launch. If I can't order on the website then I'll need my friend to bring one back for me.

3. oli2140 macrumors 6502

For sim free iPhones from Apple you will have little or no chance on buying an iPhone tomorrow. There's a list of people who have pre-ordered which they are giving all stock to at the moment.

If you wanted to take out a contract though, I'd say you have a very good chance of nabbing an iPhone.

4. macmedal macrumors regular

I agree little to no hope of getting a Sim Free one from an Apple Store tomorrow. But the indications I have been given by several Apple Stores over the last few days is that the reservation system is about to come to an end by clearing all outstanding reservations. Much like what happened in the US last week with a surge of phones being available.

So things may change over the weekend into the early part of next week.

5. RubbishBBspeed macrumors regular

Check the O2 website. I did a quick nationwide search, some O2 stores around oxford street seem to have them in store. Outside of london virtually not a chance.

6. ekk20 macrumors member

I've read threads about US Apple stores taking reservations and calling the customers for pick up the next day.

With this mentality I assumed things might be the same in the UK.

Let's hope that my friend can get one the day after she places a reservation.

7. Nuttydev macrumors 6502

I was told my replacement phone should be at the store tomorrow, so I'm guessing they'll get new stock too? This is in Bristol though.