Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vell843

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
The battery on my iPhone 7 seems to be draining quicker than normal, now my summer work schedule has change with me having more time off work and more time to be on my iPhone. I have contacted Apple support and they have run diagnostics on my phone etc and said they see no issues. When I do the battery health it shows 87% and says normal. I have apple care plus and hoping to get a new battery at my genus bar appointment next week. Have any of you had such luck at genus bar?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I would think if you’re willing to pay the $29 replacement fee they’ll do it even if it reads 87%. My backup 6S is showing 88% and I’ll pay to get it replaced before the end of the year. If anything, it can’t hurt if I decide to sell it and use my X as a backup

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The battery on my iPhone 7 seems to be draining quicker than normal, now my summer work schedule has change with me having more time off work and more time to be on my iPhone. I have contacted Apple support and they have run diagnostics on my phone etc and said they see no issues. When I do the battery health it shows 87% and says normal. I have apple care plus and hoping to get a new battery at my genus bar appointment next week. Have any of you had such luck at genus bar?
Per the battery replacement program that they have this year you shouldn't have any issues replacing the battery at the reduced price, given that the program applies to iPhone 7 devices and battery capacity/health isn't a gating factor for replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.