Chandler Fashion Center (Chandler, AZ) [iPhone 5 Launch]

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by guitargoddsjm, Sep 17, 2012.

1. guitargoddsjm, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012

guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

Because I couldn't get AT&T to ship the iPhone to my current, temporary address rather than the account billing address, I figure I'll just head to the Apple store down the road before work this Friday.

Anyone know how early the mall will open?

edit: The store will open at 8am (from the apple.com/retail page)

2. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

My guess is that the mall won't open until 8 either, meaning you'll have to race to the store if there are a lot of people waiting. The store at San Tan Village may be a better choice due to it being free-standing.

I ordered mine online so I won't be at the store, but thought I'd share my experience.

3. guitargoddsjm thread starter macrumors 6502

I live and work only a few minutes from the Chandler Fashion Center, and about 20-25 from San Tan Village. I'm hoping they'll open the mall doors a little early and that the in-store rush won't be as bad as years past because of all the preorders...

4. guitargoddsjm thread starter macrumors 6502

I figured people would be somewhat reasonable when walking from the mall entrance to the store entrance, but after browsing some other launch day threads, I guess that might not be the case.

I think I might just head over to SanTan some time after midnight; I need to give them a call to make sure it's alright. Now I'm trying to figure out whether I should bring a tent, just a sleeping bag/pad, or just a chair...

...what has my life come to?! :eek::p

5. Vexed macrumors member

Another AZ'er here. Did you ever call in on SanTan? Historically, how early has it been necessary to line up around here?

6. guitargoddsjm thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, the girl I spoke with said waiting/camping out should be fine and that there would be a few restrooms open.

I was originally planning getting there around midnight, but then I saw that the line was pretty substantial at 9:30pm for the iPhone 4 launch.

Quite a few people preordered and there is no reservation line this time around, but I'd like to get to work at a reasonable time tomorrow (i.e., before noon), so I'm considering heading there around 9 or 10pm.

7. LittleRedBird macrumors member

I'm not lining up this year, but was at SanTan tonight. As of 7pm, the line was already to the railing of Gordon Biersch. I lined up for the iPhone 4 at around 11pm and by then the line was out to the corner of Gordon Biersch and the private parking spaces (sidewalk facing Best Buy).

8. guitargoddsjm thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the update. I didn't want to get there that early to avoid a large line, and I'd like to get to work tomorrow by 10, so I guess I'll figure something else out!