Change date in EXIF/Metadata of my images?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by todd2000, Sep 7, 2007.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

I have a bunch of (pictures specifically 1244) who's Metadata is dated with 2008, because my camera was set wrong. Is there any way to change the date to 2007? Preferably as a batch and not one at a time. I can't seem to find any way to edit the Metadata? Perhaps a 3rd party app? I'll even resort to Windows if there is a program that will do it?

2. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Not quite, I want to change all of the 2008 dates below to 2007.
    [​IMG]
    The camera was set to 08, and embedded the wrong date in all the images.

Sadly that PhotoToolCM that is mentions in the replays seems like it would do the trick but it doesn't work on Intel for some reason.

3. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Your going to be shocked I know, but I found a solution, from Microsoft of all places, who knew they made anything useful :) If you care you can DL it here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...B5-1D88-437C-9F54-1FB0D210B5EF&displaylang=en. It adds a contextual menu to Explorer that lets you batch edit Metadata, among other things for your images.

Of course if anyone knows of a Mac app to do the same thing I would rather avoid Windows, and the extra steps if possible.

Hmm it's not perfect it only changes the "Original Date", but not the "Digitized Date", or "Modified Date", but changing the Original date is enough to make iPhoto put them in the right date order so thts better then nothing, I would still like some other options before I edit all 1144 images

4. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Alright problem solved, I thought I would post the program I used incase anyone else, might find it useful. After searching around and trying a bunch of programs for OSX, and Windows non of which worked quite right, I finally found PhotoInfo for OS X, very simple straightforward interface and does exactly what I wanted. Now my iPhoto Library is in chronological order YAY! :) So if anyone ever has their camera set wrong and needs a fast and easy way to change the EXIF date in your images you can download the app here:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19797

5. jerseyron macrumors newbie

6. MacBH928 macrumors 68020

MacBH928

is there a tool that will edit metadata on ANY file , not just images?

7. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Have you maybe tried adobe bridge? I know that it works with images and video really well!