Change election? Maybe not. Establishment winning their races.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Aug 31, 2016.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I keep hearing from Trump supporters how this is such a "change election" but if that is true, why are people like John McCain, Marco Rubio, and Debbie Wasserman Schultz winning their 2016 elections? It can't be because their opposition is horrible in every single case. So why are these establishment types winning their primaries if "the people want change"?

To me that says maybe they don't want change after all. I imagine that Bernie supporters are especially unhappy with DWS winning.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...cumbents-look-hold-primary-challenges-n640261

2. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

[insert Mark Twain or George Carlin quote]

george-carlin-never-underestimate.jpg

3. Robisan macrumors 6502

That would make a great sign to take to a Trump rally. :D

4. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Probably a great sign to take to most rallies. :p

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Because even in the most anti-establishment election years, the reelection rate is still about 92%.

6. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Rallies? Just walk down the street with it. Or take to a sports game. Would still apply. :D
    --- Post Merged, Aug 31, 2016 ---
    Really? Ugh. I did not know that. People should stop complaining about congress then I guess.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

At least Alan Grayson lost. THat nut job should never grace the halls of the Senate.