iPhone Change font/color of calendar icon text WITHOUT winterboard?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Skywalker0924, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Skywalker0924 macrumors newbie

Here is my Calendar App currently looks like:

[​IMG]

But I would like to change the color of the date from black to white and a different font would be nice. I know there is a way to do it using winterboard or springtomize, but I would like to do so without it if possible. I'm not sure if this has already been addressed, but does anyone have a solution for this?

2. everydayghost, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013

everydayghost macrumors newbie

everydayghost

I haven't actually done it without Winterboard, so take my advice with a grain of salt and back up any files you're going to edit before you do in case I'm wrong.

The Info.plist file for the calendar app is located at /var/stash/Applications/MobileCal. The keys that you use in a Winterboard theme to modify the icon are as follows:

<key>CalendarIconDayStyle</key>
    <string>css styles for the day of the week</string>

<key>CalendarIconDateStyle</key>
    <string>css styles for the number</string>

I don't know if this works or not, but whichever one you need (or both if you want to modify both) before the end of the plist file (before the </dict> tag). Let me know if this breaks your device, or if you need help with css styles.

EDIT: Did a bit of reading and saw a few people saying it's not possible without Winterboard, so I'm reaffirming that I am not liable if your phone bricks :p