Change in Online Order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Finz72, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Finz72 macrumors regular

Hi. I'm sure this has been asked before but I need to know : if I change my Apple online order from a Gold 32gb to a Silver 32gb, will I go to the back of the order line ? I ordered the Gold on launch day (early). The reason is that I'm hoping the Silver would be available sooner than the Gold. Any knowledge about this would be appreciated. Thanks !

2. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

Well since you have to cancel the order then reorder, yes you'll go to the back of the line.

3. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, I thought I could just edit my current order and keep my place in the order queue.

4. AnthonySager macrumors member

What's your carrier? I am At&T I ordered a Gold 32gb originally from Apple.com and decided to switch to a silver 32gb. Checked AT&T yesterday and 32gb Silver is shipping almost immediately. I canceled my Apple.com order waited about 10-15mins for my eligibility to restore and ordered on AT&T.com. Got tracking number 12 hours later. Phone will be here Wednesday.

5. TheKDub macrumors member

That is super interesting! Where did you see the availability times on ATT and what did it say for the 32gb silver?
    For some, like Gold 32gb is see it says 28-42 business days but then for the 32 grey nothing shows up.

I have an order for 32GB Space Grey that I put in last Sun on Apple.com (ships in "October"), but I would definitely switch to ATT.com if that ship faster.

6. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

That is interesting ! How can you check when a Silver 32gb might ship now ?

7. AnthonySager macrumors member

Just goto att.com and click buy. Pretend you are doing a new sign up and it will take your right to the iPhone 5s selection page. Choose your combination. I think all 16gb are delayed 7-14 days. 32 & 64gb silver and grays are available immediately and all golds are prior to the release of the iPhone 6. Ordered yesterday at 5pm, tracking sent this am and delivery on Tuesday before noon for a 32gb silver