Change my Apple ID from my ISP email to @me.com

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by fishmoose, Jul 26, 2012.

1. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Hi,

Right now - my email I use to login to my Apple services is with my ISP. However, I understand this is why it won't sync my notes since you need an @me address for the iCloud account for that. I'd like to change it so everything associated with Apple (even login into iTunes) goes through my @me.com address.

I've tried to change it at Apple's website but it says it can't change my Apple ID to use an MobileMe account. Is there anyway I can accomplish what I want to do? I never had MobileMe so I got my @me.com address when iCloud launched.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Well mobileme doesn't exist anymore. You need to get an @icloud account.

3. fishmoose thread starter macrumors 68000

How can I get one of those new @iCloud.com email address then and would the Apple website allow me to change my primary address to that so I get my receipts and the notes syncs?

4. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Unfortunately, what you are asking for cannot be done. Many people want this, many people tried, all couldn't do it. The best thing you can do is associate your @me address with your Apple ID address. That way, you can still login with it as an Apple ID, granted it will show whatever @ email address you have set as your primary Apple ID.

5. fishmoose thread starter macrumors 68000

I see. I have done so but it still doesn't sync my notes. You don't happen to know how I can fix this?