Change Network 2G/3G/LTE in 11.3

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by BR4DOKYBrazil, Apr 2, 2018.

1. BR4DOKYBrazil macrumors regular

BR4DOKYBrazil

Unfortunately at the place where I work there is no signal 3G or 4G, and every day I arrive at work I have to change to 2G. In iOS 11.3 I am not finding this option to change. They put another option where this option was. Does anyone know where this option was to change the network?

2. zorinlynx macrumors 603

zorinlynx

It's in Cellular -> Cellular Data Options -> Enable LTE.

You can choose to turn LTE off, use it only for data, or use it for both data and voice.

3. BR4DOKYBrazil thread starter macrumors regular

BR4DOKYBrazil

Yeah, I saw that. But there is no more how to choose between 2G / 3G / 4G networks separately.

4. Skidoo03 macrumors newbie

Honest question, was this an option pre-iOS 11.3?

5. zorinlynx macrumors 603

zorinlynx

I've not seen an option to turn off 3G since I had an iPhone 4 back in 2010-2012.

When the iPhone 5 came out, the option was changed so that you could disable LTE, but they took out the ability to disable the UMTS (3G) radio.

2G is being phased out in most places so being able to disable 3G is probably moot soon if not already.

6. BR4DOKYBrazil thread starter macrumors regular

BR4DOKYBrazil

Yeah. In the city where I live it is completely covered by 4G, but as incredible as it may seem, my office does not work 3G or 4G. If I walk through the office door, it works. Not inside him. Unfortunately.

And the device gets the signal low on 3G sucking the battery and does not switch to 2G automatically.

7. NoBoMac, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018

NoBoMac macrumors 68000

Maybe way off base on this, but, could be carrier settings as well.

This type of thread (toggling specific bands) pop up from time to time, and always seems the screen shots provided for the cellular panel vary region to region, and of course, between service providers.

If it is carrier settings, nothing that can done about that either.

8. BeauGiles macrumors member

Yep, the option to change between 2G/3G/4G is set in the carrier bundle.

If the carrier has decided in their latest update released with iOS 11.3 to not provide the option to lock it to a particular technology then unfortunately you're out of luck

9. BR4DOKYBrazil thread starter macrumors regular

BR4DOKYBrazil

Tks, Guys.
    The funny thing is that iOS 11.2.x had this option and now it's gone.

10. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Carrier settings more than likely were updated along with iOS 11.3, as is often the case with updates.

11. mlody macrumors 6502a

I have been with several different carriers in the past few years and I had never seen a toggle for 3g/4g or LTE. It was always LTE on or off. If I for instance turn off LTE on my Verizon phone, it will either switch to 3G or 1x depending what is available (usually 3G).

12. xevion macrumors newbie

xevion

It seems that in romania is still available.

Attached Files:

13. redpandadev macrumors regular

If you have WiFi available, you could enable WiFi calling, negating the need for a cell signal at all.