Changed my mind about buying the 30" and decided to use "spaces" on the 23"ACD!!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jjahshik32, Apr 11, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I decided to try using spaces, I've never really played with it before and I'm glad that I did and saved myself alot of money!!

Wow spaces is nice and especially if you setup your mouse for one button to activate spaces its so easy to move back and forth and you can separate the media work with other stuff!!

2. mcvaughan macrumors 6502

Spaces activation works well as a hot corner.

3. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Yea I know it works just the same as expose but I find it way much faster/easier to if I set one of my buttons on the left side of my logitech as spaces. :D

4. OlBlueHair macrumors regular

I use the mouse that comes with the wacom tablet and I use the scroll wheel button press to active spaces. It is fantastic and very useful. Not only does it keep clutter away by having only one app on the desktop at once but it sort of "mentally" keeps things sorted and separated in your head. I love it.

5. JollyRogers macrumors regular

Use spaces all the time, mostly at work because I have to use a 19" monitor with my laptop in clamshell. It works nicely. I used to use it all the time in linux at home :) Use it occasionally now at home on my macs... will have to setup to use the hot corners or mouse wheel to see how I like it. Currently I just use control arrow :eek:

6. utekineir macrumors 6502

Spaces is awesome with one screen.

With 2 it becomes much less useful because it treats both screens as one space. So when you switch spaces both screens change. It would be so much more useful if they were treated as separate spaces.

I still love spaces on my laptop though.

7. junior77 macrumors regular

Yep, thanks for this thread! Actually tried out spaces for the first time and love it so far, I can definitely see how any laptop user would start this up.

8. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I do love using spaces and its very helpful but I came to the conclusion for me that I want the 30" so that I can see more webpages and using microsoft word and parallels next to each other. But I'll probably still use spaces on the 30"!

9. fernmeister macrumors regular

I love spaces and use it all day! Keep Logic in space1, Reason in space2 and the rest of the plugins and instruments in space3 and 4. I switch with the keyboard, but switching with the mouse is also cool.

I also have iTunes locked to space 2, so when I plug in an iPod it doesn't disturb whatever is going on space1.

10. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Everyone else is trying spaces now I have to too! (my mac is booting as we speak)