Changing credit cards in App Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AnorexicPig, Oct 6, 2013.

1. AnorexicPig macrumors 6502

AnorexicPig

Hey guys, am sorry if I am in the wrong section, didnt know where to post it.

I am planning on changing the credit cards on my Apple ID. Thing is my old CC is Indian based (hence many apps from indian app store) and the new card will be Canada based, so I know my app store will change from India to Canada.

Thing is will I lose updates to all the apps bought in Indian Store, Using the Indian card or will they continue to get updates as my Apple ID is the same,only countries have changed ?

Again, apologies if this is in the wrong section.

2. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

The origin of your CC shouldn't change the Apple Store you buy from. If you are really concerned 1800MYAPPLE will tell you what will happen.

Why not remove the CC from your India account, and make a new account for Canada and use your CA CC for those purchases. Just thinking about how to preserve your apps from India.

3. AnorexicPig thread starter macrumors 6502

AnorexicPig

It switched me immediately to the Canadian store as soon as I changed my cards. And the phones and iPads will only update apps from the Apple ID which is currently signed in on the iPhones and iPads, phew !

Maybe I will give apple a call tomorrow morning !