Changing DMGs to other Images...

TiMacLover

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2001
Clovis, CA USA
I have a DMG on my ibook which I need to burn using Nero on my PC, what format would work so I can do this and is there a utility that I can use to do this? Thanks!

I was thinking DMG to ISO and buring but would that work? It is an older Mac OS I want to burn.

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
There is no other kind of image than a DMG. A disk image is a disk image. Do you mean you want to put a different filesystem on the image? Nero shouldn't care about what's on the DMG. You can burn any DMG with any contents with whatever burning software you like.

Comment

AssassinOfGates

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
A cardboard box.
Originally posted by alex_ant
There is no other kind of image than a DMG. A disk image is a disk image. Do you mean you want to put a different filesystem on the image? Nero shouldn't care about what's on the DMG. You can burn any DMG with any contents with whatever burning software you like.
Untrue. In MacOS 9, the disk copy makes a .img file, while OS X makes a .dmg file. OS X can read both IMG and DMG, but 9 cannot read DMG, which is a drag for my fellow os 9 users. Not to mention theres always the .toast format.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.