Changing folder or movie icons in finder

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by drfunk15, Sep 29, 2017.

1. drfunk15 macrumors newbie

drfunk15

Whenever I try and and put a custom image for a file by hitting get info and pasting a image it now puts a image that is square and squished and not the correct image ratio that I want.This only started since upgrading to os high sierra. ex: if I want to use a wide image for my folder no matter what it will make it square. Please help. Thank you[​IMG]

2. drfunk15 thread starter macrumors newbie

drfunk15

Can anyone else confirm they have this problem? Or offer any help please. Thank you

3. nickoparis macrumors newbie

Exactly the same issue. Tried everything and nothing works. Why did Apple Dev changed that... not cool!!

4. fisherking macrumors 604

fisherking

5. drfunk15 thread starter macrumors newbie

drfunk15

That app only works for folders not movie files etc. thanks for the help anyways

6. Princess Cake macrumors 6502

Princess Cake

I use slipcover for my video files, the guy's website isn't online anymore but you can have a copy of mine :3
    I made two custom templates, one for videos, one for tv shows. They use the same reflection iTunes uses for purchased content.
    Just drag the image over the app window to create the cover, then you drag the video file over it to apply it, badda-bing, badda-boom

https://www.mediafire.com/file/biwjaybg74lcscj/SlipCoverMac.zip

Attached Files:

7. fisherking macrumors 604

fisherking

paste an image on a folder with Plaster. then go to 'get info', copy the icon there. then paste that in the get info window for the file you want the icon on; works for me (just tried it on a .mov file)

8. Ritsuka macrumors 6502a

If the file is mp4 or m4v you can use Subler to set the image (and the metadata)

9. PicnicTutorials macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

Another lame - I hope apple fixes that. Subler works well in the meantime - thanks

10. drfunk15 thread starter macrumors newbie

drfunk15

Thank you! This worked great

11. realpras macrumors regular

realpras

Glad you found a solution. I thought it's only me. For me, I wanted to change the icon for one of my apps, and on HS the ratio got squished.