Changing grey highlight color in Safari to another color?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Aniej, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

When I use the find feature (command + F) while in Safari I keep having the same issue that I would really like to figure out a way to solve. Specifically, because the safari window is technically in the background behind the find box that appears, once the word I am searching for is found, it is highlighted only by a very light grey color. This is of little help since many sites have off white, grey or dark backgrounds which the grey just blends into.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to change this color that appears to say something like a yellow or green? I know you can choose the color to be displayed when highlighting text when the window you are working in is the primary window, but have yet to discover a way to have the grey replaced by a color of my choosing. For anyone who frequently finds themselves searching for a specific word while viewing a web page, I imagine this is an issue you have experienced before, so hopefully there is a solution out there.

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Go to system preferences > appearence and then > highlight colour > other =] that should work for you.

3. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

seriously, did you even read my post? :mad:

The point is to not have to jump back into safari each time as in when there are multiple instances of the word you are looking for.

Attached Files:

4. osirisX macrumors regular

Nope, there isn't a way to change it because that is standard OS X behaviour. You'll just have to wait until Safari 3 which has a much better find system.

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

You could just turn the focus back to the Safari window, thus making the first search hit the preferred colour from the System Preferences, then use cmd-G to find additional instances of that search string (no need to go back to the find window for that).

6. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

Mitthrawnuruodo, you rock! Not only did I not know of command G, but it is as close to perfect as I am going to need. Thanks for the help.:D

7. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Hey sorry, I must have misread what you were asking. :(