Changing my apple ID

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sulpfiction, May 1, 2012.

1. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

My Apple ID is currently my comcast email address. However, I got rid of comcast last month for FiOS.

I know I can just keep the ID the way it is, but I was wondering if I could easily change it without messing anything up. My iCloud account is a @me address and if I could, I would like it to also become my apple ID. Is there a simple way to do this seamlessly?

2. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

I had this same issue (exactly) last month. It was kinda crappy as they have a stronger password setup now and you need a new password when you change the iTunes acc't info. Then there was a hassle with the iTunes account on each phone and iPad reverting back to Comcast and Photostream was nixed, as I had to turn it OFF then back on and enter a New Account. Really they need an easier fix to this. Had I known of all the issues I would have just switched to @me rather than Fios but I already set the Fios Email and told my wife (we share an iTunes account) and would have had to delete yet another account for the @me.

I had to use Apple Help to figure it out. Luckily I have all the apps and everything but it was a hassle...especially since the iMessage was set up "wrong I suppose" originally and that screwed with things for a bit too.

I know that this isn;t really helpful, sorry.

3. sulpfiction thread starter macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

^^Thanks for the reply. It's crazy that it's not just a simple, seamless process...And maybe it is. Hopefully someone can chime in and we will both learn something.