Changing order ship-to name?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lanesutton, Sep 14, 2012.

1. lanesutton macrumors newbie

I ordered the iPhone 5 and I am different than the account holder however everything is billed to me and will be my phone. The account holder also wouldn't be able to accept delivery at the time they come, so therefore I want to change it to my name.
    No edits or changes to orders yet. Can't get through on Apple's phone line.
    How can I change this and will I be able to before they process? No email either for Apple Sales.

2. BigJohno macrumors 65816

I think you can change it after its done processing. I will try tomorrow morning.

3. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Right now it says it hasn't processed the order yet. I would give it a couple of hours before you can actually change anything.

4. Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

You can change it when the order is in "processing".

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Unless Apple have changed their delivery requirements, the items MUST be delivered to the cardholders address. I had this a while back as I bought a 4S through my Apple rep for a buddy. The phone is registered in his name, but it had to be delivered to me.

I don't think they've changed that policy at least no in the Uk with UPS.

6. lanesutton thread starter macrumors newbie

Too bad Apple doesn't even let you change the ship-to address.

It's already prefilled when you go to checkout with the acct holder's ship to and my account's billing. I'll check later periodically once it processes.

Now the wait begins!

----------

I am the cardholder just not the Verizon account holder manager. That's odd, what if you just share an account?!

7. Bugdozer macrumors member

My son ordered his phone. He used our family plan but paid with his CC with his FL address and yet it pre filled in shipping it to me in NH very odd. I really hope we can change it in the morning so he can get it delivered to him as I am 1500 miles away

8. Radio macrumors 68000

dude im 3000 miles away from the account holder's address!!

lol ill try in the morning

9. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

same its shipping this to my address i signed up with way across the country.

Weird thing is in my billing and home it has the correct address i live at now.
    I couldnt change it because it was blacked out. it should change on its own?

10. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Sorry, can't help you out with Verizon, as I'm UK based, but that sounds like it should be do-able.....The delivery thing is to ensure folks can't say stuff wasn't delivered etc. I know my UPS guy really well, he's been coming here for years, but even now, he will not allow a next door neighbour to take stuff in...No me = no delivery!

11. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

I was just able to edit my order and change the ship to address now.

12. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

Name does not matter. Someone will need to be at that address to sign for the device. Does not matter who.