Changing Tiger's Dock to First Demo of OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FSMBP, Mar 16, 2009.

1. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Hey,

I'm running Tiger, and I was wondering does anyone have the app and the skin/theme to make the Dock look like it did in this picture?

The picture is from Jobs' keynote of introducing OS X. I just think it would be fun to have it look that way (in tiles with borders).

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

It would be easier if you owned Leopard, as the dock is easily customisable with Panic's Candybar app and created custom icons.

I don't think there were many (good) dock customisations (if any) for Tiger.

3. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Here's a better screenshot. It's from DP3 (DP2 didn't have Aqua yet and DP4 had one closer to the final 10.0 Dock :)).

[​IMG]

But like Schtumple said I don't think it's very easy to customize Tiger's Dock. Leopard you might be able to get something "inspired" by that old Dock look, but you couldn't have the different backgrounds behind the apps.

Interestingly, this reminds me of how the new Windows 7 taskbar works where it takes colors from the icons and makes their highlighted backgrounds match.

4. FSMBP thread starter macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Ok, thanks guys - I was just wondering.

And apfhex, that is a better picture for what I was going for - I had to search YouTube to find one and screen-capture on a low quality video (haha).