Charge CC at pre order or when shipped?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nolegirl, Sep 9, 2014.

1. nolegirl macrumors regular

Hi all. I am interested in upgrading to the iPhone 6. However, my early upgrade isn't until 9/21. I spoke with a rep at AT&T today who told me they can't move my date up earlier and if I pre order on the 12th through Apple, which was my plan, I would be charged for the full price of the phone immediately instead of when it ships.
    Basically saying, if I wait to order closer to the 19th it may go through as early upgrade since it's only two to four days out, but if I preorder, it will charge me full price right then. Is this true? I thought Apple didn't charge until they ship...

2. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

They charge once it's shipped. At least, that's what happened when I had to wait a month for my rMBP.

You might want to pre-order thru AT&T, instead of Apple.com, just in case. Their lines are also open at midnight, once the pre-order page goes live.

3. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Call AT&T again and keep calling until you get someone who will do it for you. I've gotten my upgrade moved up many times when it's been within a week or two.

4. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

5. nolegirl thread starter macrumors regular

Okay. I'll try this. Especially since the girl I first got came in the conversation saying that the date couldn't be changed before she even greeted me...:rolleyes:

6. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

Does the money have to actually be in the account when ordered for the hold, or just when it ships/charges?

7. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Sorry, just have to say it. if you are worried about when you are charged and when they put a hold on your CC and for how much you probably shouldn't be buying the iPhone.

8. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

When you checkout, they will show what they will charge.

9. nolegirl thread starter macrumors regular

Welp, second rep wouldn't do it either. However, he did make sure to tell me to check the specs of the iPhone 6 and that he prefers the Note 4 and Edge over the 6:(

10. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

Thanks Debbie Downer. My situation is because I'm trying to empty out and close this account since there are no branch locations near my new home. So I'm just trying to get the timing down. How about we help people instead of judge. I've already got parents back home and definitely don't need your guidance.

11. dagored macrumors 65816

Are you talking early upgrade, or end of contract ? My 2 year is up 9/14 on one iphone 5 and 9/21 on the other.

I am eligible for an upgrade on both right now. Go to your account on line and check.

12. nolegirl thread starter macrumors regular

I'm talking about early upgrade where you pay like $450 instead of $199. My at&t account doesn't show this, but Apple.com does, which is weird.

13. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Judging? Offering my opinion Franky, nothing more. If you are upset with what I posted maybe you should call your parents, they can calm you down...

14. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

Will do. Thanks Dad.

15. deviant macrumors 65816

internet sucks because of people like you. i'm pretty sure you feel miserable inside, because that's the only reason you would talk like that. to feel better about yourself. surprise, this guy has been 100x classier than you, douche.

16. slippery-pete, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014

slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Yes, the internet sucks because of me. This is a message board, a place for people to offer their opinions.

Just an idea, when a post doesn't involve you in any way just move on. No reason to get your panties in a wad.

17. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

18. Edaliah macrumors member

Oops. Nevermind. I realize this is an old thread. Ignore topic.