Charger Cable Length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
If Apple doesn't include a longer charging cable that comes with the iPhone 6 itself, and not as something I have to buy extra for $30, I'm jumping ship and going back to Android. Stop being cheap, Cook. Rant over.

Last edited:

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2011
If Apple doesn't include a longer charging cable that comes with the iPhone 6 itself, and not as something I have to buy extra for $30, I'm jumping ship and going back to Android. Stop being cheap, Cook. Rant over.
Wow. Going to dump a superior phone and ecosystem for a copycat wanna be over the length of the charger cable? I am sure that the Androids come with longer cables - so you can hang yourself after you try to use their shoddy devices.

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
Wow. Going to dump a superior phone and ecosystem for a copycat wanna be over the length of the charger cable? I am sure that the Androids come with longer cables - so you can hang yourself after you try to use their shoddy devices.

I can't believe how much Apple has brainwashed you, my friend. It's very Charles Mansonesque.

rrm74001

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
Welp, I guess you are going back to Android. Have fun! No one will miss you.

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
Sorry for you, have fun with your Android then:D

BTW, you can buy an MFI certified 6ft lightning cable for $12.90 and a 10ft for $13.70

I want it to come out of the box. I'm not spending extra cash. I'm still pissed they increased the price of replacements with AppleCare+.

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
You're not fooling anyone, if they reduced the length to half of what it is now, you would still buy it! And all the accessories to protect it.

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
Really? What phone model and what length wires do they come with?

Not sure. I was just saying yes to make my argument sound more convincing. I think the S5's cable is only three inches longer. But that doesn't change my initial statement. Make it 5 feet!

----------

You're not fooling anyone, if they reduced the length to half of what it is now, you would still buy it! And all the accessories to protect it.

You think I'm you?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Lol:D Your argument didn't sound convincing at all from the start:D
I highly doubt they will change them to all come with a longer wire than the current 3.2ft length.
Not sure everyone would want the extra long cord either.
Doesnt make sense, those who want a long wire they will have to purchase one separately.

Not sure. I was just saying yes to make my argument sound more convincing. I think the S5's cable is only three inches longer. But that doesn't change my initial statement. Make it 5 feet!

----------

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
Lol:D Your argument didn't sound convincing at all from the start:D

I highly doubt they will change them to all come with a longer wire than the current 3.2ft length.

Not sure everyone would want the extra long cord either.

Doesnt make sense, those who want a long wire they will have to purchase one separately.

Why wouldn't you want a longer charger? Better too long than too short, right? At least in this case. It's not really an "argument" but more like an opinion.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
The i5/5S charge cable is longer than any Android device I have had. Sure it could do with being another 6" longer, but it's a massive improvement over the tiny cable which came with my i4.

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
Charger Cable Length

The i5/5S charge cable is longer than any Android device I have had. Sure it could do with being another 6" longer, but it's a massive improvement over the tiny cable which came with my i4.

6' would be awesome

Last edited:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Why wouldn't you want a longer charger? Better too long than too short, right? At least in this case. It's not really an "argument" but more like an opinion.
True, just a discussion.
I know some just plug their phones in and don't want an extra 2-3ft of wire hanging around loose I guess.
For those that the outlet is further or needed a longer wire to reach would be useful though.
But if that was such a big problem to me I'd just spend the $13 and get a long wire. Not switch phones.
I have about 4-5 lightning wire's that I bought to accommodate my needs. It would be great if the phone came with 4-5 extra lightning usb wire's but I dont see that happening either:)

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014

----------

You think I'm you?
Well I'd buy it anyway :)

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2011
I can't believe how much Apple has brainwashed you, my friend. It's very Charles Mansonesque.
Not even close. Not brainwashing. Real world experience.

And you called me "Charles Mansonesque"? You’re the one headed to the "toxic hellstew".

Hope it works out for ya, but I expect that you either won’t leave after all or that you’ll be back as soon as you realize what you did.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I have had a few competing devices that have come with 5-6' cords. I used to have a Nexus 10 (Samsung) and I think that had a 3' cord. My Motorola Xoom has a 6' cord.

But ignoring what other companies would do it would be nice if the iPhone cable was a bit longer. I've never been inconvenience by too long but quite often by too short.

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2011
Absolutely not surprised.

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
And you called me "Charles Mansonesque"? You’re the one headed to the "toxic hellstew".

Alright, relax. It's a phone.

----------

But ignoring what other companies would do it would be nice if the iPhone cable was a bit longer. I've never been inconvenience by too long but quite often by too short.

Well said, sir. Totally agree.

----------

Not even close. Not brainwashing. Real world experience.

Hope it works out for ya, but I expect that you either won’t leave after all or that you’ll be back as soon as you realize what you did.

Hey Dave Koresh, why don't you list the pros and cons of long versus short charging cables and see what you come up with?

Status
Not open for further replies.