Charger issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wizzywig27, Aug 28, 2014.

1. wizzywig27 macrumors 6502

I'm going to put this under iPhone, however the problem also effects my iPad...

Basically I use the iPad Air adaptor to charge my iPhone and iPad (one cable and plug). Up until last night (and even last night it only happened once) everything was fine, no issues. Tonight I plugged in phone to charge and it's vibrating away, not constantly vibrating, but buzz, (2 seconds), buzz...so I watch it and basically the phone is charging, then going off charge, then charging which is causing the vibration to kick in (like when you put phone on charge).

I've tried this on iPad and it does the same. I've tried different plug holes, tried to clean the connection points, yet it persists. Question is, is it the plug or wire, and are they covered under warranty?

On a side note I can't charge phone now as other cable is at work and I'm on leave until next week.

Cheers

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Sounds to me like a plug. If it's an iPad Air it should still be under warranty (but I could be wrong).

Head over to Apple... they'll probably toss you a new one.

:apple:

3. 73b macrumors regular

73b

This doesn't sound like your problem but it might help, pocket lint sometimes gets up inside the port and you have to use something to clean it out (paperclip? or something not metal :D )