Charging during the day... Everyone carrying lightning cable around?

mikewired

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2010
I need to charge my phone while driving between jobs just to make it through the day. Is everyone carrying their lightning cable with them?

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I leave a spare in my office and plug my phone in during the day. I did this with all my phones, whether it was the iPhone 4, Droidx or Nexus One.

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Haven't needed to charge during the day
But I do have a cable at home, at work and in the truck

I make it through the day without any issues... not even close

Thatcher

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
Pontefract UK
I went into the Apple store and purchased a second cable and Earbuds for the car. The battery isn't great for how much i use the phone and I have been caught short a few times.

wkufan92

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
Charger

I don't care my charger. My phone is lasting at least 14 hours without needing charging.

1080p

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
where from?
eBay... just search. I would link you to the listing from where I got mine, but for some reason, the price recently changed to $93.99. I think it is a typo after the seller probably meant to raise it to $3.99.

Either way. I see all sorts on eBay in the $4-6 range.

darngooddesign

macrumors G3
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
eBay... just search. I would link you to the listing from where I got mine, but for some reason, the price recently changed to $93.99. I think it is a typo after the seller probably meant to raise it to $3.99.

Either way. I see all sorts on eBay in the $4-6 range.
I have a similar, single jack, one from Belkin and I really like it.

J Griz 757

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2010
For me I'm carrying it around, as everywhere around me where I'm at in Maryland don't have any extra in stock.

My 30 to lightning converter finally marked as shipped from Apple yesterday, so hopefully tomorrow or Friday I will finally have a second charger.

I also ordered one of the glowing lightning cables from iPhone5mod.com, apparently they have them in stock so I ordered one before Apple stops them from selling them (which I'm sure they will with all the patent bs going on).

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
I bought one just in case but I leave it at home since I saw this i5's battery lasts me around 10h use + 2 days stand by. Awesome.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
One at home, one in the car.

I've never had to use the one in the car but knowing it's there makes me feel better. :D

craftytony

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL
So far I've been pretty lucky with medium gaming, heavy texting, light surfing/downloading and light calling. I usually have at least half my battery by the time I get home around 5:30pm. Usually unplug from charging around 6:30am...

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I always carry a cable into NYC when on business. Sometimes, the trains stop working and there's hours of waiting at the end of a long day.

procrastinasn

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
So far I've been pretty lucky with medium gaming, heavy texting, light surfing/downloading and light calling. I usually have at least half my battery by the time I get home around 5:30pm. Usually unplug from charging around 6:30am...
That's quite impressive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.