Charging iPhone last night, left it unplugged at 60%, and it was dead in the morning?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by makasin, Dec 26, 2007.

1. makasin macrumors member

Ok so I just got an iPhone for xmas and I was charging my iphone last night and i got it to around 65% when my computer kernel panicked (thanks, azureus, you POS), so I decided to give up on charging. I woke up this morning excited to play with my phone only to discover that the battery is completely out and the phone is unable to be used. What gives?
    I think I might have had wifi on all night, but it shouldnt kill a battery in like 8 hours should it? especially if NOTHING is going on with it all night?

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

sounds like a faulty battery. there is really nothing that could drain the battery that fast (only thing i could think of that would drain it that fast would be leaving the phone part on like your on a phone call the whole night).

Should call apple and see what they would say.

1-800-myapple

3. makasin thread starter macrumors member

hmm coz i used the phone all day since like 9am to around 1am pretty damn heavily and it got to 10% and told me to plug it in. I might have left the ipod function on last night.
    hmm hopefully its not faulty. Ill give it another day to see what happens. If it keeps happening im gonna get that crap replaced/

4. Alloye macrumors 6502a

Did you leave it connected to your computer while the computer was turned off? I found out by accident this kills my iPhone battery overnight. There's even an article on Apple's site that mentions it:

If iPhone is connected to a computer that's not turned on or is in sleep or standby mode, the iPhone battery may drain.