Charging problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deadmau9, Aug 28, 2013.

1. deadmau9 macrumors newbie

Hi, yesterday I noticed that my iPhone 3G doesnt want to charge.That happened after i cleaned my home button with alcohol.But when phone turned off because of low battery i connected it to usb cable and it started charging.When it charged to about 10% phone turned on and it stopped charging again.Will opening and cleaning dock connector from dust help?I really wanna know what is the problem hardware or software.IPhone was running ios 4.2.1 , and was jailbroken.

2. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

What are you using to charge your phone?

Cleaning your home button should not have this effect.

The 3G just may need another battery

3. nilzi macrumors regular

:eek:I am afraid your iPhone battery was broken, before one of my friends' phone also faced the same problem.

4. deadmau9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Im using usb cable and my original charger, battery was working great 2 days ago could the problem be in dock connector somehow ?

5. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

It could be but it could also be a bad battery, bad USB cable, bad charger module or even a defective phone.

Do you have an Apple store near by. They could tell you in only minutes.

6. deadmau9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the problem is that there are no Apple stores in my country, nearest one is in the Germany about 1500 km away from here.Usb cable is good because my iPod charges and connects to iTunes without any problem.I dont know where to take my iPhone to get it repaired

7. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

If the same cable and charger works with your iPod then you are looking at either a hardware or battery problem. I wish I could help but it is time for service.