Charging questions...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Thomasss95, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Thomasss95 macrumors regular

Thomasss95

Hey,

I have 2 questions about charging my iPhone 5:

1. Does it matter when I start charging it (at 1% or at 50%)?
    2. Is it bad to let it charge when it's full, for example if I go to sleep I will charge up my iPhone, but it will be full a long time before I will plug it off the charger.

Sorry for my bad English...

Thomas

2. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

A 'genius' once told me to charge from 20%, whether there's any merit to this I'm not sure but so far as I can tell it doesn't matter, and leaving it trickle charging when it's 100% should have no bearing either as these new generation li-ion batteries aren't supposed to have any memory.

3. macandmercedes macrumors member

Charge when it is really required, charging has cycles and the life of the battery can be extended is you charge and unplug at the right time. Hope this helps you.

Cheers!

4. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Probably not, but if you run the iPhone all day, by 10:00 PM it will probably be under 20% anyway. Try just charging once a day for a week.

Unlikely. Certainly the benefits of charging overnight outweigh the drawbacks.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

ignore most of the "myths" you hear about the battery. Use it and charge it when needed.

6. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

Charge it when needed and once a month let it shut down and charge it to 100 % :)