Charging Touch screen issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skywalkerr69, Apr 18, 2013.

1. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

Good Evening All,

Seems like whenever I charge my iPhone 5 it seems to effect the touch screen.

For example: just plugged my phone in here at the office and when i went to use the phone lets say press something at the bottom the screen, the phone opens an app at the top right hand of the screen. Same thing if im in an app. If i touch anywhere on the phone it seems to select whatever is at the top of the phone. I removed the charger and it stops happening.

Info - I am using one of those wall chargers from an ebay store, it looks just like an apple charger. I am using the cord to charge the phone that came with the iPhone.

Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

2. punchdrunk55 macrumors member

Mine does this when plugged into he converter in the car. Found out that the power converter was breaking down and it probably was not good for the phone. My guess is the knock off charger not sending clean power to the phone.

3. skywalkerr69 thread starter macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

Yeah thats what it looks like. We have ipads here and i switched the charger and it no longer does that. Thats what i get for saving a few bucks. Thanks for the tip!