Charles Rangel on the brink

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by obeygiant, Mar 3, 2010.

1. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

politico

Whether you agree with him or not on the issues, I kind of hate to see a old-timer go down in flames like this. I hope those caribbean trips were worth it.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

He has had several ethics issues and IIRC, some are still on going. It's time for him to go. 20 terms is 15 too many in my opinion.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

He broke the rules, he suffers the consequences. End of story. I don't care how old he is.

5. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

When you have someone of Rangel's stature, as Ways and Means Chairman, flagrantly breaking House gift rules by accepting travel to the Caribbean, it is time to go. Matter of fact, why anyone in public office would accept lobbyists paying for travel and not expect it to be in the news the next day, is a real surprise! I think the rules have changed and many of the older members of Congress, from both parties, better rethink their behavior, especially since Congress has such a low reputation with the public... They should all be held to a higher standard...

6. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I absolutely agree. Nothing worse than corrupt politicians.

and

Washington Post.