Charlotte protests: rumor of a dead person

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yaxomoxay, Sep 21, 2016.

1. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

2. stroked Suspended

stroked

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

RT reports that one person is dead. Yes that RT. The only honest news source in the world

5. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Morally bankrupt, drunk on power, enamored by BLM, Hussein the nefarious divider and instigator is directly responsible for this tragedy in Charlotte.

Failing to act presidential and lead, his impotence renders him lame and ineffective. His apology tour set a tone he will never recover from.

Going forward if he's replaced by Hillary these events are sure to become more frequent and more violent. Law and order is abhored by the liberal progressive backers of the Clinton Machine.

6. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

7. stroked Suspended

stroked

It depends on what definition of deplorable you want to use. You know those libs are always redefining words.

8. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

That's a sad statement.

9. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Oh, just meaningless hyperbole. They often rhyme.

Note, when there's an event like this, aim toward local newspapers and news sites and the wire services. The big national news sources often lack ground truth and are often relying on second-hand information.

The Charlotte Observer is your go-to place for news on this subject tonight.

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So reports the person isn't dead but on life support.

11. Gutwrench macrumors 68000

Gutwrench

Must every CNN reporter act like Geraldo Rivera?

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

A folding chair to the face?

13. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

When there is an event like this, I watch it live on Periscope. Unfiltered by the cigar-chomping city desk editor with a bottle of scotch in his file cabinet who's getting a phoned in report from an earnest cub reporter already fantasizing about his first Pulitzer.

I'm all about ground truth.

14. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

So, why quote RT rather than link to Periscope or Facebook Live? Hell, you can also tap into the local emergency network online as well. But, you choose to link to RT.

Anyway, for those mortals who can't sit and watch the event live all night, check out the local paper.

[As for your description of the news business, I haven't seen an editor chomp a cigar in at least a decade and 'cubs' have been almost entirely replaced by interns.]

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

16. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

It's amazing to think that once upon a time, many cities had a morning and an evening newspaper.

I'm listening to Charlotte police on the scanner.

17. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

A black cop shot an armed black guy and a bunch of blacks are now looting and rioting and calling white people the devil. You can't make this **** up.

18. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Russia Today.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 21, 2016 ---
    Yeah, the ecosystem might have included a weekly magazine and a snarky culture mag as well.

Now, we're relying on freelancers hired by a Russian propaganda organization and a bunch of context-free Internet tools.

We're doomed.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 21, 2016 ---
    It's a training program that largely looks like the scene from Clockwork Orange, but it's just hours of Rivera opening up Capone's vault.

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

But are they wrong?....!!!:eek:

20. A.Goldberg, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016

A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

CNN reports the reporter is in critical condition and on life support, amending a previous tweet that indicated he was killed.

Regardless, not a good situation at all. Per usual, I think it's dangerous to react to these situations in extreme ways* when all the facts have not yet been presented. That doesn't seem to happen though.

*Or ever if such means includes looting, riotingng, burning property, violence, etc.

Side note: Police shootings a common theme in the news and reportedly on the rise. Some of these shootings are unjustified, many of these are. My question is cops personality and alleged racism the problem? Or is could it possibly have something to do, at least to some degree, with the poor economy, increase use of drug use, a dwindling middle class, education and wealth gaps widening, the American Dream for many becoming beyond reach, a mediocre job market, stagnant wages, increasing prices, racial and socioeconomic tensions, and much of society feeling beat down? The millennial generation is said to be very egocentric and demanding. People turning to drugs to cope (promoting illegal activity), people engaging in riskier behavior to get more pleasure/thrill out of life, defying the police to show their discontent with the government.

I'm not suggesting "blaming the victim". I'm not promoting this as an all or none theory, and there are of course exceptions where the individuals was wrongly shot. I'm not even talking about specific cases, more of society overall. In thinking about white cop vs black man narrative and the facts of many of the cases not always being the case, the current state of affairs, etc, maybe there is a more to this situation than just cops being power hungry racists.

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

As a soulless ginger, I can confirm that white people are indeed evil.

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Trump is more orange...

23. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Yes, he's not soulless, but still a member of a damned race cast down from Heaven's grace given succor in the embrace of the Devil.

How else do you explain his hair? Witchcraft.

24. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Is this a joke?

25. MarkusL macrumors 6502

NC is an open carry state, so being armed does not in itself seem like a justification for being shot by the police. Is it the "black" part of your explanation that tells us why this guy needed to be shot? I'm sure there may be more to this story, but you're not telling us. I'm trying real hard to read your post as something other than a generic "black people are the devil", but in the current form of your post there is nothing more there.