iPhone 6(S)(+) Chase app is forcing me to update to 10.3, any way around this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Apr 2, 2018.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

The Chase app prompted me and said they will now only support iOS 10.3 and above. I don't want to lose my jailbreak, is there any way around this? Why do they do this?

2. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

I imagine that Chase Bank doesn't care about your jailbreak - and from a security standpoint, CB would rather you stay with stock iOS. What other options do you have, assuming you want to continue to do business with Chase Bank on your iPhone? I might offer the suggestion to change banks, but I bet that Chase bank will not be the only financial services app to do the same.

3. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

Most of my other financial institutions did this a while back. I am surprised Chase waited that long.

4. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265

5. dwfaust, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018

dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

Some apps, especially those from financial institutions won't even run in jailbroken phones - for security issues... their logic says that JB phones are not a secure as non-JB devices.

6. now i see it macrumors 68030

Either change banks or use their website. Banking apps are superfluous. You can do everything & more on their websites.

7. Phone Junky macrumors 65816

Phone Junky

Don't use the app.

8. Stewie macrumors 6502

Stewie

I have never seen a website that lets me take a picture of my check and deposit it.