Cheap iPhone exposed from every angle in green colour

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tarungarg, Jul 15, 2013.

1. tarungarg macrumors newbie

2. chumawumba macrumors 6502

chumawumba

The website says the front is always white, but I remember hearing somewhere that the front was always black.

3. Xplicit iPhone macrumors newbie

4. maxosx macrumors 68020

Looks awfully plasticky to me.

Ha... Ha... Ha... iToys has never been more appropriate.

OK, all teasing aside, if you like green plastic this baby is a work of art.

5. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

All angles except the front it seems. I'm actually excited for these plastic phones. I'd get this over the angular slab we have today, in a heartbeat. At least I won't have to put a case on one of these.

6. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Might be like the newest iPod Touches: multi-color shell with white front and a black shell with a black front.

7. TheProFTW macrumors regular

Clearly fake, there's no badges of the regulatory agencies and it doesn't say the classic ''Designed in Cali, Made in China''

8. Puff daddy macrumors newbie

9. cynics macrumors G4

The iPhone 5 leaks didn't either. If its a preproduction model it won't have a lot of that stuff.

[​IMG]

10. TheProFTW macrumors regular

11. eddyecb macrumors regular

12. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Don't worry every one said the i5 pictured above was fake for the same reason. They ate crow..... you hungry?

I know you said you didn't know that but I couldn't help myself.

Colors of the "cheap" iPhone aren't just fugly IMHO.... they are butt fugly.

13. AppleCruncher macrumors regular

14. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Its apparently dubbed 'the Budget iPhone' so its going to look cheaper than the iPhone 5 etc. Why do people keep laughing at how 'cheap' it looks? Its a spy shot for goodness sake. Seeing as they are using plastic as a backing, its likely to be injection moulded polycarbonate as used by many manufacturers like Samsung in their Galaxy range. We don't laugh at Samsung's flagship phones that have plastic constructions but it is fine to laugh at Apple for producing a budget product using the same materials?! Pot, kettle and bull and gate spring to mind reading through many of the observations.

15. bp1000 macrumors 65816

16. Skika macrumors 68030

Cased have holes for cameras and flash not added lens. Also different button holes.

At least you tried.

17. cynics macrumors G4

What are you on? Nearly everyone on here mocks Samsungs "cheap plastic" feel and looks. I've never heard it repeated so many times over and over again like people do here.

Its one of people's biggest gripes on here. Usually pushes them toward an HTC phone if they want to try Android.

18. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I am not on anything thank you very much. I visit this place every few days and don't have time in my busy life to read every thread. I certainly don't get the impression 'nearly everybody on here mocks Samsungs "cheap plastic" feel and looks'. I've seen it mentioned in the past in discussion, but not by such a massive implied majority. I know I don't mock the plastic use of Samsung phones. That is probably because in industry you tend to appreciate materials rather than mocking their applications when its quite clear they are very suitable.

My overall impression from here is there are more Android users than iPhone users based on how active the alternatives section is. That may well be an inaccurate view of course. I joined here not long after I bought an iPhone with the intent to learn about it from users who also had it and discuss its features. The iPhone section is full of people arguing over why white or black is better, along with tales of dropping phones down toilets. the iOS section is over populated with users laughing at the icons on the new interface and the Alternatives section is awash with people suggesting their lives have changed since selling their iPhones! lol. Sorry it is one of those days and I should come back another day with a more open mind. :)

19. jimmirehman macrumors 6502

3GS was a great design. The hard edges of the 4 and 5 were very industrial and looked great but functionality suffers... holding a 3GS feels 100% more natural and comfortable. Hopefully these budget iphones will combine the two designs into a great product for younger audiences.

20. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

i wouldn't want to have an iphone that keeps being referred to as "the cheap iPhone".

its just too *i want but i can't*.

similar to people who buy a dumbed down version of a really expensive car brand just so they say they drive brand "x". mercedes class A back in the day comes to mind.

might as well buy a proper android instead.

21. mcrto macrumors member

Got a feeling I'm going to end up with one of these for no good reason. Don't know why, but I want one.

22. pizzafootbal macrumors member

I could see this more as a budget iPhone, definitely not as a full priced one though...

23. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I also think that this will be very comfortable to hold.

People complain about plastic, by in the end, it's about how well the phone works for the customer, not the materials in the exterior.

24. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

It looks to me like it's going to be the iPhone 5 internals with a plastic shell. It's going to be very interesting to see how this plays out; I honestly think that it may reinvigorate iPhone sales.