Cheap/small amp to go in kitchen cupboard-connect Airport Express to Garden Speakers?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Azzin, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Azzin macrumors 68040

Hi folks,

Essentially, all I want to do is put an Apple Airport Express in the kitchen (rear wall of house) and connect it to some speakers which I will mount on the other side of the wall in the garden.

It would appear that it may be easier to find a small amp to connect the speakers to, than find speakers that have an amp built in, or are there speakers out there that are powered/have an amp built in that I can use?

If my only option is an amp, then it will need to be small as I would tuck it away in a cupboard!

All help/suggestions welcome and I'm in the UK if that helps for buying suggestions.

Cheers.

2. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

Check out t-amp. Incredible small, incredible sound. I think they have a new version that's a bit bigger than the original. I had to buy power cable separately for the original, as it comes with batterie option only!
    It got rave reviews from audiofiles. I think I paid £40 for mine, and it's the size of 5 CDs stacked ontop if each other