Cheaper iPhone in 6 months?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    So I've been thinking about it, and it wouldn't really make sense for Apple to release a significantly iPhone right now because a) it would take away too much from higher margin iPhone 5s, especially during the holiday quarter and b) it would still leave that 12 month gap in iPhone release dates.

It kind of makes sense in my mind to release the 5s and 5c and then in 6 months (after the sales are slowing) release an iPhone that is similar in specs to the 4S but has the same body as the 5c. This will also be later on the manufacturing curve (lower costs) for the 5c body style. This could result in an inexpensive model around the $349-$399 price range. That would be $50-$100 cheaper than the 4S plus it would be a "new" model.

2. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

3. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    well I'm not necessarily saying that Apple WILL release a cheaper iPhone (I agree it's not likely), but just imagine for a moment that Apple does want to release a cheaper iPhone. How do you think Apple would want to release it? Would it make sense to release it now? Along side Apple's flagship iPhone? No that doesn't really make sense. IF Apple were to release a true low-cost iPhone it would make a lot more sense to release next spring when there is a lull in the product line.

4. 617aircav Suspended

Get real it wont happen.