iPad mini cheaper to buy ipad mini now or wait til after release of ipad mini 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mackarena, Nov 6, 2013.

1. mackarena macrumors newbie

Hi

I am wanting to buy an ipad mini (not the retina one) for a friend and wondered if previous models increase or decrease in price following the release of a newer model? I currently have seen ipad mini white 16gb for £225 from Amazon and wonder if this will shoot up or drop even lower after November 25th when ipad mini 2 is released?

Any thoughts?:)

2. Stewart21 macrumors regular

I doubt that the price of the "old" mini will change much. £225 is a good price. I would go for it.

3. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

I don't think there will be much difference after the release given the retina mini is in addition to the non retina mini and doesn't replace it. Having said that, if you are looking for a second hand mini then wait until the retina is available and there will be a lot of choice out there in the second hand market.

4. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I was kind of thinking the refurb prices might go down. Just as an example, the refurb 16 GB + cellular is listed at $359 and it says that price is $100 off. However, brand new that same model is only $429 so $100 of is no longer accurate. I was thinking that after the next mini is released, they might fix it because I think those prices have been in there since before the price of the original dropped $30.