Cheapest place to buy the Samsung 830 Series SSD online?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hartwig, Jul 14, 2012.

1. hartwig macrumors member

Before pulling the trigger on NewEgg, does anybody know if I can get it cheaper someplace else other than NewEgg?

NewEgg has it for $149.99

2. Fatt macrumors member

The deal expires in the next couple of hours, but with this coupon you can get the 128GB 830 for $119 with free shipping on newegg. Better hurry deal ends at 11:59PM PT.

EMCYTZT1899

EDIT: Was even on sale for $90 a week or two ago.

3. hartwig thread starter macrumors member

Cannot thank you enough for replying man! :)

I just bought it for $119 with free 2 day shipping!

Thank you again! :)

4. Fatt macrumors member

5. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

6. ZipZap macrumors 601

7 days ago it was $89

7. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

Wow, I must have gotten a great deal. I purchased it from Newegg for $90 about a week ago, shell shocker deal.

8. Newbie MacUser macrumors member

I personally did a lot of research over several months and decided finally to go with a SanDisk Extreme 480GB SSD which I purchased on buy.com for $324 + $43 in buy.com credit with free shipping. It was probably the Best/Highest quality SSD that has been advertised at or near the 512GB capacity for the price. Furthermore it has better Active power management than the Samsung 830. The long held criticism with the Samsung 830 is that at peak activity it can drain 7 -8 Watts which is pretty high. It does have great Idle power consumption though. Just some food for thought, hope it helped.

9. rocketjacket macrumors member

I have a OCZ that drains too much power from my battery. I was looking at going with a Samsung 830, but you say that the Extreme is better on the power. Have you had any issues thus far?

10. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I just picked one up for $49.00 plus 6.00 shipping. I can't believe they are this cheap. :)

11. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Wow! Where was that??

12. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Newegg. I had a 50% off frequent buyer coupon that they allowed me to stack with a 25% off coupon. It pays to be a loyal customer.

I was shocked when I got 25% off a new MBA last year from Amazon. I read where others here at MacRumors got lucky too. I do a lot of online business. I've found the three best places to be Amazon, Newegg, and Apple.com. Obviously I pay full price through Apple, but Amazon & Newegg help to offset that fact.

13. Newbie MacUser macrumors member

Nope no issues so far! I have TRIM enabled too. I can boot MacOsX Lion with Windows 7 via Parallels 7 in 15 seconds. Shutdown times are like 2-4 seconds. And no issues with slowdowns or anything like that while using it.

14. rainking macrumors regular

I got my 256gb for $189 shipped from newegg when they had it on sale. Worked great on Lion and works just as good on Mountain Lion. Trim enabled.