cheapest place to get a speck candyshell 4s.or sites in general for cheap accessories

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aliensarecool, Oct 21, 2012.

1. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

2. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

my guess would be ebay

3. faiz23 macrumors 6502

faiz23

ebay can be fakes. I would stick with amazon and make sure it comes direct from amazon and not a third party. I would also look at sprint local store since they have accessories and will give you 20% off if you buy 2 of them. You get instant gratification, no shipping and protector your phone day 1 while you wait for other cases and protectors to come in stock.

4. AznTakumi macrumors regular

5. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

is it common for the rubber along the edges to fall apart?

6. faiz23 macrumors 6502

faiz23

Depends on the quality of the case and the coating. Some of those matte type grip coatings will end up rubbing off slightly. Otterbox uses a plastic with no coating so you will not see it rub off but it will get scratches. Just like speck candyshell will not rub off but it will scratch easily. The matte satin version might end up rubbing off and scratching less easily. Also look at incipio dual pro case for $15. That is a solid 2 piece case with silicon and hard shell. It will raise it up and protect when you lay on the table. Dual casing for shock absorption and cover all the chamfer edge.

http://amzn.com/B0098FKKPI

edit: It comes with screen protector, small cloth to clean, kick stand to hold it up and 2 piece case.

Be wary of seller fulfilled. THey will ship product to amazon and amazon will ship it out for them. You will not pay tax since it is not sold by amazon. You will receive crap quality parts instead and amazon has no control. They do not inspect it they just package and ship. You will notice people will receive fakes and items that are packaged in baggies instead of retail. Fake apple products instead of authentic from amazon direct.

edit: read the reviews to see what others say about packaging, authenticity and quality before buying from another seller besides amazon.

http://amzn.com/B004Z4MDGG

7. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

8. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I've had Candyshells for my 3GS, 4, and 4S, and none ever cracked or had the rubbery bits fall apart. Oh, and neither did the one I had for my original iPad. I've always been quite pleased with the quality.

9. joec1101 macrumors 6502

Don't waste your time looking for the "cheapest" place to buy a Speck - the authentic Speck cases are about the same price everywhere (within a few dollars). You should buy from Speck's web site or one of their authorized resellers like Apple, Best Buy, Target or AT&T Store.

I would stay away from eBay and Amazon for these cases - they are notorious for cheap counterfeit cases that are made really crappy.