Cheapest place to get an ipod classic 80gb in the uk

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ColdAsIce, Feb 13, 2008.

1. ColdAsIce macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Does anyone know where i can get the cheapest ipod classic 80gb on the web i think apple is a bit expensive anyone else have a good ideas where i could get them cheaper than the £159.00 that they are asking for. Just out of interest obviously here in the UK it is somewhat dear in that sense.

Any help would be much apprreciated.

2. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Amazon sells them for £145.99, and I don't think you'll find them much cheaper than that.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Airports after security. That's where I always buy my iPods. Dixons after security off tax-free prices, not matter what your destination. Instant 17.5% saving.

They are at Heathrow and Gatwick, not sure about other airports.

4. ColdAsIce thread starter macrumors newbie

Also which one would your recommend the black or silver obviously colour differences and all. Which scratches up less just out of interest? and any cheap cases that you would recommend to me if you can post that.

Regards

Cold As Ice

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I've got a black one. Bought it on my way through Heathrow at Christmas. It's got an invisible shield on it so no case and so far no scratches...

6. apfel macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Dixons Tax free was the cheapest I found (£135,32). However, pixmania.co.uk has also a good deal on the silver ones (£ 139 inc vat).
    Hope this helps

7. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Makro have them for £134.99 - black and silver.