Check Local Stores

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by buckeye269, Oct 27, 2012.

1. buckeye269 macrumors newbie

I have been waiting for three weeks for my phone order to be fulfilled by an AT&T store but still haven't gotten one. Order was for a black 32gb. I tried reservation last night to no avail. This morning I called every AT&T store within 50 miles trying to find any iPhone 5. Finally got a rep say he would hold a black 64 for me. Keep trying to do reservation, but just don't forget about carrier stores too!

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Be careful for when they say "they'll hold one for you." In my experience with previous iPhones, that AT&T store rep would just turn around and sell it to another custom that walks in the store faster than you.

3. buckeye269 thread starter macrumors newbie

He said he could hold it if I came in today. He took down my name too.

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Corporate or just a local AT&T store? Corporate stores usually go by their word more often than a local (franchise AT&T).

For the iPhone 4, I lined outside a local store, non-corporate. 5 people in line about 7am. A store manager comes to open the store, says he doesn't have any yet because UPS hasn't come by but he was getting "five iPhones for sure". He takes everyones name down and says he'll call when he gets them. A few hours pass, just for ***** and giggles I call the store to see if they have them yet. Of course they got them but sold 2 of them to different customers and gave the other 3 to AT&T store managers who "needed them".

This was my experience and just wanted to share it. This could be different for you.

5. buckeye269 thread starter macrumors newbie

I got to the store yesterday and the guy said he already had to tell people that the iPhone they had was reserved. Picked it up and he did a cross-upgrade without cancelling the other sim. Terrific experience.