Check out 15 Models Morphed Together in Benjamin Taylors "Wicked Way" video

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by agwah, Jul 31, 2009.

1. agwah macrumors newbie

agwah

Hey - Just wanted to post this video cause it is exciting to have all the morphing finally completed.

http://tinyurl.com/mjv364

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    This reminds me of the video Black or White by Michael Jackson! Same thing in this video. :)

4. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

6. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I dont know if the OP did,

But I know that its a quite simple effect that can be achieved quickly and easily in after effects!

7. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

Would be helpful if you could elaborate on the technique, or maybe post a tutorial?

I think it's a great effect.

8. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

9. agwah thread starter macrumors newbie

agwah

Yes, I did, and yes, I used AE. Reshape and Liquid together with animated mask shapes and opacities. The big moves to get the heads lining up with the motion was mostly Reshape, and the finer shape adjustments were done with Liquid. I do not have any specific tutorial as the ones I saw mostly used plugins applied to still images, and I found that it got way trickier when the faces moved not in sync with each other. I did not track points in the faces like most tutorials suggest, but rather manually moved the faces how I wanted them to alter in shape, and manually dissolved the different areas at different times.

And yes again, always loved the Godley and Creme since I saw it back in the eighties. I just had never seen it done with only beautiful girls - so it felt OK to go in and to do another take on it.