Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
I received an email from Apple saying I get 12 free copies to Macworld. When I went to the website to claim them, it makes you choose your most recent Apple
purchase. Check out the image!

Attachments

• imacg5.jpg
    imacg5.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 3,697

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
To verify that it's not just a mistake, does that list include "Power Mac G5" or just "G5" as well?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
better shot

Attachments

• previewscreensnapz003.jpg
    previewscreensnapz003.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 3,675

kettle

macrumors 65816
hmm

I think they try to take the power from rumour sites by trying to teach us that apple tech is unpredictable, they really hate the sales slumps leading up to big mac events. They won't beat us but they can only do their best with this relatively cost free method of suprise release dates.
I think this tactic could have been what those expo arguments were about, Apple not attending and threatening to pull out if they didn't get their way.

Good stuff soon me thinks.

smorr

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2003
Montreal QC
pah!

Take a look at all the options.

Do you see Server G5 or Xserve G5? -- This is an announced product but it is not there.

Hence I wouldn't hold my breath -- this is either a mistake or wishful thinking

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Originally posted by MoparShaha
If a G5 iMac was due out soon, it certainly would have debuted at the expo.

I thought the same thing. But, it really surprised me to see that as an option.

kettle

macrumors 65816
Re: pah!

Originally posted by smorr
Take a look at all the options.

Do you see Server G5 or Xserve G5? -- This is an announced product but it is not there.

This is a good point, looking again I would err on a story that someone said "we have to distinguish between the G4 and the G5 on the drop down menu" so the windoze type bod goes and makes an extra listing for a G5 imac not realising the subtlety of knowing what a G4 is as opposed to a G4 imac.

pilotgi

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2002
Possibly done intentionally but probably just a typo.

Obviously, Apple is going to replace all the G4s with G5s, and now that the 5's are 90nm, squeezing one into the iMac won't be a problem. It will definitely be a sweet consumer machine.

Still hoping for a G5 cube also.

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
Re: Check this out, imac G5???

Originally posted by nospleen
I received an email from Apple saying I get 12 free copies to Macworld. When I went to the website to claim them, it makes you choose your most recent Apple
purchase. Check out the image!

What I would like to know is...

How the heck did you get 12 free copies of Macworld?

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Re: Re: Check this out, imac G5???

Originally posted by neoelectronaut
What I would like to know is...

How the heck did you get 12 free copies of Macworld?

From registering my new mac. I received an email from apple saying it was a gift.

machinehien

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2003
houston
hey what's the url for the free magazine offer?

I just got a new iPod and would like to take advantage of this offer. Any help would be appreciated.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
I think it only applies to new purchases of imacs, emacs, powerbooks, powermacs, ibooks, etc...

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
Originally posted by nospleen
I think it only applies to new purchases of imacs, emacs, powerbooks, powermacs, ibooks, etc...

I registered my eMac the day I turned it on...I don't remember getting such an offer.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
It took about 5 weeks before I received the email. How long have you had your emac?

simply258

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2003
Bahrain
Originally posted by MoparShaha
If a G5 iMac was due out soon, it certainly would have debuted at the expo.
If they debuted everything at the expo, which was on the 1st few days of the 1st month of the year, what would be left for the rest of the year ? What a boring rest of the year it would be with only speed increases and a surprise or two here and there. Plus, with the relatively recent introduction of the 20" iMac, I don't think we will see G5 iMacs in a new form or probably not even in the same form. I think the iMac would get the G5 at 1.6 GHz and 1.8 GHz once the G5 hits 3 GHz in the summer. That way there would be a big gap in speed between the iMacs and Power Macs. Currently the iMac tops at 1.25 GHz, so expect an upgrade to 1.33 GHz in a month or two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.