Check Your Panties!! Your Rice Cooker May Have Been Recalled!

bradl

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Just a Freaky Friday gaffe from a news anchor to bring some humour and brevity to PRSI.

That is all, and enjoy!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/these-local-news-anchors-just-cant-get-it-together-after-embarrassing-teleprompter-snafu_us_58099db3e4b000d0b155e358

These Local News Anchors Just Can’t Get It Together After Embarrassing Flub
The on-air gaffe you never knew you needed right now.
10/21/2016 04:20 am ET
by Rebecca Shapiro

Oh, typos... They can happen anywhere, but they do provide some much-needed entertainment when they occur on a teleprompter.

Eric Philips, the morning news anchor at NBC12 in Richmond, Virginia, was reading a story about a rice cooker recall that should have been warning viewers to check their pantries. Instead, he opened with the most bizarre of lead sentences.

“Soooo embarrassed, ” Philips said in a Twitter post.

But he seemed to take the whole event in his stride. Plus, the moment made it onto the “Today” show!

Check out the gaffe in the video.

BL.

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
A builder friend of mine recently told me that built-in pantries are one of the most commonly requested features of the high-end custom homes he builds. The gold-standard is now actually to have two such spaces: One basically being a big walk-in closet for your sacks of fair-trade artisanal roasted coffee (and the sort of $900 cooking geegaws they sell at Williams Sonoma), the other being a place with marble or granite countertops for you the waitstaff to uncork wine bottles and plug in warming trays adjacent to the dining area.

On the other hand, I do have to say that a dedicated rice-cooker is one of a very limited number of kitchen gadgets I'd really say is a "must-have." Obviously, not one that bursts into flames. Cooking rice on the stove-top can be a hit-or-miss proposition (and don't get me started on the massive, and revolting, lie implicit in "Minute Rice.")

Buy a rice cooker already. Just not a skeezy one.

Reactions: A.Goldberg