Check your Rollover Minutes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZipZap, Nov 18, 2011.

1. ZipZap macrumors 601

All of my rollover minutes disappeared with the 10/14 4S re-up.

I called AT&T and demanded they restore all of them. They said I changed plans but all I really was extend my contract. ATT created a new create plan to support the 4S.

Anyway, they gave them all back.

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Thanks for the reminder. This is a constant issue with them, and it's happened to me the past two times that I've upgraded AND the last time I changed my text messaging plan. In all cases they only claimed to touch the data/texting add-ons in the account, but it consistently mucks up rollover.

Anyway, if you complain they'll add your minutes back.Not that I use them frequently, but there are times when they really do come in handy.

3. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I've never had this happen. It must be because of they way they are handling the upgrade.

4. aztooh macrumors 6502a

I upgraded from a 3G to an Atrix and returned it, and now upgraded to the 4S...never had a problem with my rollover minutes; or any other part of my plan for that matter.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same here.
    I added a line to my family plan and they took away all 5700 of my rollover minutes.
    I called them up and asked them about it and they had no idea. I didnt downgrade my plan or anything.
    They put them back for me but seemed kinda sneaky.
    Everyone check your bills and make sure they dont take away your minutes like that. Not that I need them much but good to have in case a month or 2 we go over instead of paying overages.

6. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

That happen to me to on last year 3gs to ip4 upgrade, lost all my rollover minutes, a call to CS get all the minutes back, plus as a bonus, the minutes that they credit back is good for 12 months, won't expire partially every months.

A month ago, I add a new line and convert my current single line to a 450 family plan, lost all my roll over which I expected, call CS and tell them, "I convince my wife to drop her 15 years old tmobile account, port over the number to joint AT&T, why should I get penalize to bring in businesses to AT&T, I told them some other carrier will even pay for your ETF if you jump ship", CS buy it and credit me back all the rollover minutes and is good for 12 months.

----------

Applejuice, did you add a line to get the 4s like I did?

Also you can ask them to waive the activation fee using live chat.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, I transfered a line that was on a single plan on AT&T to my family plan cause it comes out cheaper having 3 phones on a family plan than seperate single accounts.
    About the upgrade $18 fee I called them and they removed the charge.
    They did tell me its a valid charge and that they will only do it this time.

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

They can have my R/O minutes. I had almost 6,000 that I could never ever use. I have never used a singel R/O minute since the first iPhone. Just checked, still have them.

9. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

As a Verizon customer, my only comment is...

"rollover minutes?...What are those?" :confused:

10. hexonxonx macrumors 601

This thread doesn't concern you, only AT&T users.